Roasted Salmon and Vegetable Traybake
This recipe is so simple, yet very nutritious - an abundance of vegetables that your gut will love, topped with omega-3 rich salmon for your brain. Choose any vegetables that you like - most will taste great cooked this way.
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Chopping Knife
- 1 Peeler (for carrots)
- 1 food scales
- 1 Roasting Tin
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 250 g butternut squash, deseeded and cut into chunks (do not peel for more fibre!)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 35 g kale, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 150g salmon fillets
- Place the onions, peppers, courgette, carrot and butternut into a large roasting tray. Sprinkle with the olive oil, cumin seeds and pepper.
- Put the tray in the oven and heat to 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas Mark 8 (no need to pre-heat the oven as this wastes energy). Roast for 20 minutes, tossing the vegetables just once.
- Stir in the kale, tomatoes and pumpkin seeds and place salmon fillets on top. Return to the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until the salmon is cooked to your liking and the vegetables are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Joy Skipper, Registered Nutritionist, Consultant and Food Health Writer (www.joyskipper.co.uk)