Quick Vibrant Tuna & Chickpea Salad
Wholesome, satiating, fresh and delicious salad. Quick and simple to prepare. Highly nutritious and tastes amazing with varying textures and flavours. Keep you fuelled up and happy till your next meal.
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 2 forks
- 1 salad servers
- 100 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 75 g tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- 1 half cucumber peeled (100g)
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 50 g lamb's lettuce
- 25 g sliced pickles and their juices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard, divided
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 small juice of lemon
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- few drops toasted sesame oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them in a small bowl. Mix in 1/2 tbsp of the mustard and 1/2 tsp soy sauce. Set them aside
- In another small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp mustard, the honey and a pinch of salt. Add the tuna and break it down with a fork, mixing it well with the dressing.
- Place the lamb's lettuce in a medium bowl and add a tablespoons of the pickle juice and some salt. Toss it around to mix.
- To assemble the salad, place the lamb's lettuce onto your serving plate, then top with the chickpeas, the tuna, the tomatoes, the shallot and the pickles. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and sesame oil and serve. Enjoy!
Another healthy snack provided by Cinnamon and Bluebells. This amazing delicious salad contains 44g of carbohydrates, 30g of fat and 29g of protein providing a healthy 408 calories from one serving. High in protein and delivering a large quantity of micronutrients to nourish your body. It is the time of year for salads!