Cod, Prawn and Coconut Curry
A simple but very tasty curry that provides great protein and can be made with most meaty fish of your choice
- 1 Deep frying pan
- 2 Saucepans
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 280g cod loin
- 1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 180g king prawns
- 1 small handful of coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup basmati rice
- 1 portion of steamed greens
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Sprinkle the cod on both sides with the pepper and turmeric and cook in the pan for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds to the same pan and when they start to 'pop' add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chilli and fennel seeds and cook for another 2 minutes before pouring in the coconut milk.
- Bring to simmer, return the cod to the pan along with the prawns, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the coriander and serve with cooked basmati rice and steamed vegetables.